by Rafael Medoff
In the end, whatever their respective reasons, the Pope and the president both opted to look away from the greatest humanitarian crisis of our time.
SOURCE: National Catholic Register
German historian and Catholic Priest Father Hubert Wolf has claimed that recently opened Vatican documents show Pope Pius XII was complicit with Nazi atrocities. Other Church historians dispute the novelty or veracity of his evidence.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Pope Pius XII, Accused of Silence During the Holocaust, Knew Jews Were Being Killed, Researcher Says
A team of resesarchers led by Hubert Wolf discovered documents suggesting Pope Pius XII knew at an early stage of the Nazi efforts at genocide, concealed those facts from the United States government and others, and concealed documents to protect the Church's image.
SOURCE: Mental Floss
by David Brown
Pope Pius XII resolved to do whatever he could to have Hitler killed.
SOURCE: Telegraph (UK)
Rabbi Abraham Skorka, who has known the Argentine former Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio for 20 years, said he had discussed the role of Pius XII – the man long dubbed as "Hitler's Pope" – at length with the new pontiff.The Rabbi, who recently co-authored On Heaven and Earth, a book of interviews with his friend, said he had made clear that he thought Pius's legacy ought to be "investigated thoroughly"."It's a terribly sensitive issue, but he says that it must be investigated thoroughly," he said. "I have no doubt that he will move to open the archives."...
- Santae Tribble, Whose Wrongful Conviction Revealed FBI Forensic Hair Match Flaws, Dies at 59
- Crowd Rallies to Keep Confederate Memorial in Downtown St. Augustine
- As Divisions Threaten America, The Pressure To Cancel Presidents Is Dangerous
- Trump is Going All In on Divisive Culture Wars. That Might not Work this Time.
- Redskins, Indians and the Long Push to Drop Native American Mascots
- The Politics of Race are Shifting, and Politicians are Struggling to Keep Pace
- Trump’s Push to Amplify Racism Unnerves Republicans who have Long Enabled Him
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing