SOURCE: Tom Dispatch
by Andrew Bacevich
What the present pandemic drives home is that protecting Americans while also creating an environment in which all citizens can flourish is going to require a radical revision of American national security policies based in Baby Boomers' interpretation of the meaning of World War II.
by Fred Zilian
The anniversary of V-E Day in 1945 is an occasion to place ourselves in the everyday lives of Americans at home and on the front lines.
by Jim DeFelice
We should definitely celebrate people like Henry Langrehr, the paratroopers of the 82nd Airborne, and the other troops who fought with them. But we should also spend a moment thanking people like his wife, who made their triumph possible.
- Santae Tribble, Whose Wrongful Conviction Revealed FBI Forensic Hair Match Flaws, Dies at 59
- Crowd Rallies to Keep Confederate Memorial in Downtown St. Augustine
- As Divisions Threaten America, The Pressure To Cancel Presidents Is Dangerous
- Trump is Going All In on Divisive Culture Wars. That Might not Work this Time.
- Redskins, Indians and the Long Push to Drop Native American Mascots
- The Politics of Race are Shifting, and Politicians are Struggling to Keep Pace
- Trump’s Push to Amplify Racism Unnerves Republicans who have Long Enabled Him
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing